HELPFUL INFORMATION FOR SUBMITTING YOUR RENTAL APPLICATION ONLINE
Thank you for looking to BHHS Towne Realty for your next home. The following information will help us in processing your rental application as quickly as possible.
To apply online, click “View Featured Rentals”, search for the property you have been shown and you are interested in applying for. Once you find the property, click “Apply Now” and follow the directions provided OR you may download the rental application and submit in person at our main office listed below.
If you have a fraud alert or freeze on your credit file, you will need to lift the fraud alert or freeze PRIOR to submitting your application. Not doing so will require you to re-apply and incur an additional $50 application fee.
- Please fill out the rental application in its entirety and please don’t forget to sign it. Please sign the Landlord Verification form as well.
- Along with your application, please submit the application fee made payable to BHHS Towne Realty in the amount of $50.00 for each individual.
- Within 24 hours after your rental application is approved, you must present us with a Cashier’s Check or Money Order made payable to BHHS Towne Realty as your Application Deposit (we will notify you of this amount at the time of rental application approval). You may also pay the Application Deposit online. Until funds are received, the property will remain on the rental market and other rental applications may be received.
- We will need a copy of your photo ID and your social security card or your letter issued by the IRS stating your individual taxpayer identification number.
- We will need your current, as well as former landlord’s name, address and phone number. If you now own your home, we will need mortgage information. We will also need documentation regarding your plans for that home (i.e.: copy of listing for sale, copy of sales contract, copy of lease agreement).
- CIVILIANS: We will need your current funds provider, or employer information. If you have an employer, you must provide copies of your 2 most recent pay stubs. If you have a funds provider, i.e. Social Security benefits, Child Support, Voucher Program, etc., we will need a copy of the document stating your benefits. NOTE: If you are self-employed, we will need your tax return(s) for the previous three (3) years.
- MILITARY PERSONNEL: We will need a copy of your most current LES and a copy of your current transfer orders.
- PETS/ANIMALS: To help ensure ALL of our Tenants understand our pet and animal-related policies, we use a third-party screening service and require EVERYONE to complete a profile (No Pet/Pet/Animal). This process ensures we have formalized pet and animal-related policy acknowledgments and more accurate records to create greater mutual accountability. Only Pet Owners will have a $20 non-refundable fee paid directly to our third-party screening service provider. Please get started by selecting a profile category on our landing page: https://bhhstownerentals.petscreening.com
ALL REQUESTED IDs AND DOCUMENTATION WILL BE REQUIRED TO BE INCLUDED WITH YOUR APPLICATION SUBMISSION.
The Property Manager whose property you are applying for will process your application. Your credit history, criminal history, landlord references and your source of funds will be evaluated in qualifying you to rent the property. In addition, any applicant with a bankruptcy must show a discharge more than three (3) years ago and have established new credit with a positive rating with at least one account. If we receive all information needed and it can be verified easily, the application process will normally take 2 – 3 business days, excluding weekends. We will contact you immediately upon completing the process to discuss the results with you. Thank you!
Download Forms and Information
Application and Cover Letter
Tenant Selection Criteria